2 Cloves of Garlic
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Plain Flour
¾ bottle Red Wine
300ml Chicken Stock
150g Button Mushrooms
8 pieces of Chicken (mixture of legs, thighs and breast) or equivalent in Cockerel Leftovers
Handful of chopped parsley to serve
Cooking time: 1 ½ hours
- In a large casserole dish fry the shallots in the olive oil – after 5 minutes add the lardons.
- Once the lardons have browned add the cockerel (or chicken) and crushed garlic cloves and brown the meat.
- Add the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and stock and bring to the boil
- Add the bouquet garnet and season – bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour 20 – 1 hour 30 – adding the button mushrooms for the last 30 minutes – until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top and serve with mashed potato and French peas (simmer frozen peas in 25g of butter and once cooked add shredded little gem lettuce for the last 2 minutes)