Loaf of sourdough bread (from your local supplier)
12 Rashers of Smoky Streaked Packington Bacon
1-2 large beefsteak tomatoes
1 large ripe avocado
Bottle of Cottage Delight Bacon Butty Sauce
Jar of roasted red pimeinto peppers
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fry your bacon in a little olive oil.
- While the bacon is cooling, brush slices of the bread with olive oil and cook under the grill or in a griddle pan over a high heat until toasted.
- Mash the avocado and squeeze over a little lemon juice.
- Cut the beefsteak tomatoes into thick slices.
- Assemble the sandwich - bottom slice of toast, drizzle of Bacon Butty Sauce, a handful of salad leaves, a few rashers of bacon, slices of tomato, 1-2 roasted pimento peppers, finished off with some of the mashed avocado and the second layer of toast.
- Top Tips
- Go easy on the Bacon Butty sauce – too much will make the sandwich soggy.
- When frying your bacon, the key is ‘’low and slow’’. This will ensure it is thoroughly cooked through and shouldn’t leave the rashers too crispy.
- If you’re using whole pimento peppers from the jar, they can be very oily. Drain them off a little before piling onto your salad.
- Avocados can take a long time to ripen so be sure to buy them a day or two in advance, or choose the ‘’ready to eat’’ avocados from supermarkets.
- Drizzle a little lemon juice onto the avocados before mashing to stop them from going brown.